The COVID-19 outbreak represents a volatile situation and MARCOM is closely monitoring how it evolves, adapting these measures according with new circumstances. Our staff, military and civilian are to adhere to these measures which ultimately intends to protect our staff and their families.
From Wednesday March 25, Staff must:
While at work, everyone is to keep the office clean. Wipe down desks, phones, keyboards, monitors and computer mouse. Do it twice daily, at arrival and prior to departure.
From Tuesday March 24, Staff must:
Everyone who has finished his period of Self Isolation (for any reason), before returning to the Headquarters must ask permission from the MEDAD.
From Monday March 16, Staff must:
- implement self-help cleaning routines. Sanitary wipes and products have been placed (bring your own if you can) at every desk to wipe phones, keyboards, desktops, etc.
- minimise meetings.
- implement whenever possible 'smart work' from home. Further Direction and Guidance will follow for each Directorate by Deputy Chief of Staff (DCOS), maintaining Chief of Staff (COS) and Senior National Representatives (SNR) informed. Priority must be given to personnel at greater risk from the effects of Covid-19 or with household members in higher-risk categories.
- split the Maritime Operations Centre (MOC) watch standing teams in support of contingency.
- cancel all social events in the HQ included those involving families (i.e. spouses' coffee morning).
- cancel or postpone any visits from overseas or find alternatives means (i.e. VTC). Essential travel for operational needs must be authorised by COS.
- limit access to the MOC to essential personnel.
- encourage no overseas travel for family members (there will be case by case exceptions).
- at the lobby and whenever possible keep you mobile always in the some box.
We have ensured and will continue to ensure that all MARCOM personnel:
We continue to monitor the situation. As a consequence other measures might be required. The situation will be kept under continual review and staff kept informed.