LAST UPDATE: 8 January, 2021
The COVID-19 outbreak represents a volatile situation and MARCOM is closely monitoring how it evolves, adapting these measures according to new circumstances. Our staff, military and civilian are to adhere to these measures which ultimately intends to protect our staff and their families.
It is mandatory to wear a face covering inside the Atlantic Building. You may briefly remove your face covering when:
- Alone in a room
- Consuming food or drink
Please be sure to put your face covering back on as soon as possible.
The Plexiglas screens have been installed, in order to improved the physical protection against the COVID 19, but SelfDiscipline for everyone is a fundamental key to keep MARCOM a safe workplace.
Only to attend the meetings in person if you are a briefer (otherwise follow them by VTC: the safest way the meetings from own desk). Wear the masks in HQ when deemed necessary.
The circulation on the stairways inside the Atlantic Building will obey to new rules. The staircase in building 98 will be to ascend while the staircase in building 98G will be to descend. The same applies to the lifts close to these stairs. Signage is in place to help the circulation.
Maximum number of persons for each office/room are in force (Information on the doors).
While at work, Staff must:
- keep the office clean. Wipe down desks, phones, keyboards, monitors and computer mouse. Do it twice daily, at arrival and prior to departure.
- each person is responsible to help to clean communal office areas
- use hand sanitiser frequently.
- sanitise shared equipment (phones, headsets, workstations) between users.
- at the lobby and whenever possible keep you mobile always using the some box.
- minimise meetings.
- cancel all social events in the HQ included those involving families (i.e. spouses' coffee morning).
- cancel or postpone any visits from overseas or find alternative means (i.e. VTC). Essential travel for operational needs must be authorised by COS.
- limit access to the MOC to essential personnel.
We have ensured and will continue to ensure that all MARCOM personnel:
- understand Coronavirus symptoms in themselves and others.
- are aware of the necessity to stay at home and book a test if you or your household develop Covid-19 symptoms.
- understand what to do in all circumstances if they feel unwell or think someone else is (themselves or their families).
- understand that personnel have to inform the MEDAD and the chain of command if they or a member of their household, feel sick or is tested Covid-19 positive and in this case be aware about the necessity of self-isolation for 14 days.
- recognize and respect the medical confidentiality of individuals but will be kept informed of Covid-19 developments as it relates to them.
- are aware that the location of the Northwood isolation unit is the Chaplaincy Vestry (in the same building of the Chapel, close the Cafeteria). This is where to go avoiding close contacts, if symptoms are developed and the individual is unfit to travel their place of residence.
- understand basic hygienic prevention measures (ie. wash hands frequently, make use of hand sanitiser, etc).
- understand the need to keep clear of other personnel - in all professional and social circumstances - by more than 2 meters.
- recognise that we now have an open fire-door policy across Atlantic Building (but not the Security doors).