To our Customers and Partners at Northwood HQ,
It is a decision that hasn’t been taken lightly, but in order to maintain long-term resilience and reflect the intent of the third lockdown, by agreement with Head of Establishment of the Northwood Site we are implementing some notable changes to the service, potentially until mid-February.
The gym will remain open for use only by military personnel in order to meet their operational requirements.
MEDICAL AND DENTAL CENTRE
The Medical and Dental Centre will remain open, under existing arrangements.
Visits in support of core business will continue, though larger visits in support of exercises and workshops will continue to be subject to case-by-case approval to ensure deconfliction.
Other than visits by those within the same household as the person being visited (for instance visits by spouses), no social visits are permitted.
- Following Government guidelines retinue service will be ceased until further notice.
- Accommodation Cleaning. New cleaning arrangements have been put in place to protect our customers and our cleaning team, and to focus all cleaning resources towards operational spaces and the office environment; personnel are asked to clean their own rooms using materials provided starting 06th Jan 2020. Cleaning Operatives will be utilised in high footfall areas to ensure touchpoints and additional cleans are implemented.
- Cleaning Materials. The use of a vacuum cleaner for Buildings 150, 99 and 430 are available to be signed out from the Hallporter. Cleaning products and the use of a vacuum for Buildings 440 and 111 are located in the common rooms. Due to demand we are unable to provide cleaning materials for individual rooms, so we ask that you use the products when required and return after use. Limited but additional stock will be available via the Northwood Helpdesk on ext. 57000. This will be collection only and a signature and room number will be required.
- Bedding. We ask that you place your ‘used’ bed linen in the plastic bag provided and leave outside your room every Wednesday for collection. Clean bedding will be returned and left outside your room.
- MT Office. Will be opening remain open as usual with staff working in a rotational basis.
- Shuttle Bus. The Moor Park Shuttle Bus has currently been ceased, however if you require transport to Moor Park train station between the hours of 0700-1900, for duty purpose, please contact the Northwood Helpdesk on ext. 57000.
Cash and Travel Office
- Cash and Travel Office. The Cash and Travel office will remain open as usual with staff working on a rotational basis.
- Nursery Closure. The nursery remains open to Key Workers, in line with government guidance
- Transformation. The hairdresser shop is currently closed to help prevent the spread of infection.
- The photography office is closed to prevent the spread of infection, if you require essential photography service please contact the Northwood Helpdesk on ext. 57000.
- The Scanning Facility will be opening on reduced hours from the 6th Jan 2020 to prevent the spend of infection. The temporary opening hours will be Monday-Friday from 0800-1400.
- The Graphics Room will be open as usual with staff working on a rotational basis
- The Print Room will be open as usual with staff working in a rotational basis
- 410 Reception will be open as usual with staff working in a rotational basis
- Opening Hours. The Mail Room will be opening on reduced hours to prevent the spend of infection. The temporary opening hours will be Monday-Friday from 0800-1400.
- Mail Delivery. Initially, there will be no site deliveries, so site users are asked to collect post from the Mail Room, this will be constantly reviewed.
Perm Pass Office
- The Permanent Pass Office will be open as usual Monday- Friday from 0800-1300.
Helpdesk and Accommodation
- Helpdesk and Accommodation will remain open as usual with Staff working on a rotational basis.
- The Visitors Centre will be open as usual with Staff working on a rotation basis.
We sincerely hope that these changes do not overly affect you all in your busy and important roles, and hope that they are understood for what they are: a result of a proactive approach designed to ensure we give the optimal contribution to operational effectiveness in the long term.
If you have any questions, please call the helpdesk on 57000.
As ever, all of us in Team Northwood are proud to support the centre of gravity of UK military command and control, as a part of the Whole Force.
Matthew O’Hare, Project Director, Skanska