This page will contain the most updated information and guidelines on COVID-19, released by the Command Group of the Allied Maritime Command to all of its international staff serving at MARCOM and extended to their families.
Allied Maritime Command will continue to guarantee its responsibilities towards Standing Naval Forces and operation Sea Guardian. Mitigation measures against COVID-19 are implemented in a sensible manner to keep our personnel, our units and our crews safe. It will include guidelines and security procedures to be observed at the Headquarters.
Comply with the new rules in force since March 26, in particular:
You should only leave the house for one of four reasons.
- shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible.
- one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household.
- any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
- travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home.
DO NOT TRAVEL VIA PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION (including Taxi) BETWEEN HOME AND MARCOM
hen to travel to the HQ, fill this application
, download it, insert your name/rank and your NATO ID number and show it to the police if requested. This form is only valid on production of an in date NATO (Geneva Conventions) Identification Card.
if YOU OR SOMEONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD have symptoms of coronavirus infection (COVID-19), however mild, YOU AND WHOLE HOUSEHOLD HAVE TO STAY AT HOME AND DO NOT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE FOR 14 DAYS from when your symptoms started.
- this action will help protect others in your community whilst you are infectious
- stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible
- wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water
- stay away from vulnerable individuals such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible
All Senior National representatives (SNRs) have to promptly update DOM and MEDAD for any disease affecting personnel and/or household members.
Everyone who has finished his period of Self Isolation (for any reason), before returning to the Headquarters must ask permission from the MEDAD. For any question or doubt, feel free to contact with Medical Advisor, Captain Filippo La Rosa, email F.LAROSA@MC.NATO.INT, office tel. 0044 01923 956704, mobile tel. 00447884001564
PERSONNEL WITHOUT SYMPTOMS who have travelled (or having someone in the household who have travelled) from abroad, HAVE TO SELF-ISOLATE FOR 14 DAYS.
FEEL UNWELL AT HOME ?
If you or someone within your household have these symptoms: fever, cough, sneezing and breathing difficulties
- stay at home !!
- contact your GP by phone; do not go to the Health Centre or to Hospital (A&E)
- do not come to MARCOM !!
- inform your chain of command and your SNR
- call MARCOM MEDAD for first advice (contacts below)
- call your GP or 111 NHS (if you need)
- call 999 (if in an emergency)
For any question or doubt, feel free to contact with Medical Advisor, Captain Filippo La Rosa, email F.LAROSA@MC.NATO.INT, office tel.
0044 01923 956704, mobile tel.
For further updated information, refer to the following Organisations: